Minnesota has reciprocity agreements with Wisconsin, South Dakota, North Dakota and Manitoba. Visit Minnesota Higher Education Commission for an online or paper application to complete and submit to your state's office.
- Manitoba students are provided the reciprocity rate immediately. Paperwork is not required.
- Students from WI, SD, and ND need to complete a reciprocity application to receive the agreed upon reciprocity rate. It is the student's responsibility to obtain the application, complete it and submit immediately. Failure to submit the required application before the end of the term will result in the student paying the out-state tuition rate. Reciprocity applications can be download from the Minnesota Higher Education Services Office Web site.
- Students from Kansas, Michigan, Missouri, and Nebraska may also be eligible for tuition reduction using the Midwest Student Exchange Program.
Directions to Apply for Reciprocity
- Click on How to Apply for Reciprocity.
- Click on print or download a paper application or apply online.
- Click on your state of residency to download the application. Be sure to select the correct application according to the year you will start at SCSU.
- The completed application should be returned to your state's office.