College of Science and Engineering
|College Office:||145 Wick Science Building||E-mail:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Dean: Dr. David DeGroote
Associate Dean: Dr. Kurt Helgeson
Educating and preparing future professional and educational leaders in science, mathematics, engineering, and technology.
The College of Science and Engineering is committed to providing an up to date, stimulating, and effective learning environment for all students through general education, pre-professional, undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Programs within the college shall effectively prepare students for productive careers and for continued study at the graduate level.
- Departments will continue to improve the learning process through the use and assessment of a combination of formal and experiential modes of instruction, utilizing laboratory and fieldwork, undergraduate and graduate research, and internships.
- Departments will develop curricula that conform to or exceed accepted professional standards, and obtain and maintain accreditation where available.
- Departments will emphasize the interrelatedness of disciplines and seek to create within the student an appreciation of the global and diverse nature of contributions to science and engineering and an understanding of the unifying effect of the human intellect.
- Students will be expected to achieve an appropriate level of technical expertise in their field of studies, to understand and appreciate the underlying issues of their field and to understand the impact these issues have on human endeavors.
- Active collaborations with industry and other institutions of higher learning will be sought, to expand and enrich the learning opportunities for our students.
- To help achieve the above goals, the College shall foster an environment which encourages and supports faculty initiatives in improving teaching effectiveness, scholarly achievement, research, professional study, and contributions to students and to the community.
Departments Offering Graduate Degree Programs
- Biology, M.A./M.S.
- Mathematics Education, M.S. (Program suspended)
- Statistics, M.S.